Monday, August 29, 2016

Vocabulary #2

faith -complete trust or confidence in someone or something.
I have faith in my football team to make it to CIF.threshold- a strip of wood, metal, or stone forming the bottom of a doorway and crossed in entering a house or room.
I slammed the door so hard the Threshold broke.tarry- of, like, or covered with tar.
the stick was very Tarry.resolve-settle or find a solution to (a problem, dispute, or contentious matter).
I tried to resolve the problem by talking it out.discern-perceive or recognize (something).
I discern the rhythm of the new song.
martyr- a person who is killed because of their religious or other beliefs.
The martyr was killed because he was a Catholic.mirth-amusement, especially as expressed in laughter.
I couldn't hold back my Mirth in classcatechism-a summary of the principles of Christian religion in the form of questions and answers, used for the instruction of Christians.
pious-devoutly religious.
the two parents taught their children to be very pious.
frenzy -a state or period of uncontrolled excitement or wild behavior.
I was on a frenzy for food.

No comments:

Post a Comment